Tuesday 19 May 2009

My Essay Competition Entries

Hi there,

   Every now and then, actually more like every two or three months, Economics Club runs an essay competition for everyone free to enter. Thought might post my little scribbles. Again, in hope to enrich your vast economic knowledge.

   (i) Does a free market equilibrium exist? - click - September/October 2008

   Ah, my first ever economics quasi-essay ‘thing’. Not much text, several copied graphs, bit of research. All of that after four weeks of Economics. Not bad. Managed to get second place. Out of three participants. Heh.

   (ii) Is this world essentially a centrally-planned economy?click - November/December 2008

   Remember writing it, got really into Economics back then. 10 hours of research + reading + writing + editing = a link above. Good times. Enjoyed that. At least got a bit of understanding what the topic was roughly about – AS stuff. Ah, almost forgot to mention – got first place. Still, I think the number of participants did not exceed ten. Maybe not even five. Who knows? I don’t, Rene does though.

   (iii) Should mortgage lenders be nationalised? - click - February/March 2009

   A joined topic for Bellerbys London and Oxford. All I know is a student from London got the best essay. Who exactly that person is – have no idea. Just a feeling it might be a Vietnamese born in Poland. Just a feeling though. Anyway, at first was pretty much discouraged when read the topic. Didn’t have a clue what I could possibly write. But still managed to create something. Why? Simply because was hoping for everyone to be discouraged and would end up being the only participant. It wasn’t meant to be so though. Um, as for the writing, I think research this time took like 60-70% of time. Without a help of my invaluable friend – Google – this task wouldn’t be possible. Thank you. And the rest was just purely summarising what I had previously read.

   Yup, that’s it – my sentimental look back into the past. Hope you enjoyed it.

Cheers,
John A6

No comments: